[opencms-dev] External editing

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Thu Jul 8 11:32:01 CEST 2004

Another option is using the WebDAV servlet provided with Tomcat 4/5 as a
start.

Actually I already did gather all the required source code stuff from Tomcat
5 in one package once, but could not continue the project because of time
issues. I ended up with 18 classes that did compile, and the main task would
be to change WebdavServlet.java (3100 LOC) so that it interoperates with the
OpenCms API as described.

If someone wants to really start this project off I would be happy to
provide what I have.

AFAIK Slide has the much better WebDAV protocol support, but also the source
code base might be 10x as large.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior