[opencms-dev] Forum Module

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Fri Jul 9 13:11:00 CEST 2004

Pablo,

> We have adapted the mvnForum to OpenCms.

This is good to hear.

Any plans to relase this integration to Open Source?

> But now have a functional issue:
>
> mvnForum works with its own set of users in database, and
> Opencms plays with other set of users from Opencms database.
>
> What do you think that could be the best way of integrate them?
>
> Maybe I better left them separated?

Well most users (including me) would want a fully integrated solution with
only one user database. What user database to use is the key question. Do
you know if mvmForum offers some kind of API/Interface mechanism to "plug
in" other user DBs? If so, it should not be difficult to replace mvmForum
users with OpenCms users.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior