[opencms-dev] Support for translation

Stojanovic, Marta Marta.Stojanovic at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Fri Jul 9 21:56:01 CEST 2004

Hello all,

I work for the Canadian government, and as you might know all of our Web
sites need to be bilingual (English and French). I wonder if OpenCMS offers
a support for maintaining multilingual sites. I'm aware of the support for
translating the workspace, but I'm talking about translation of Web pages or
other documents.

For instance, is there a way to translate a Web page so that the internal
links in it point automatically to the pages in the other language (so that
the translator doesn't have to do it manually) ? Or an interface that would
facilitate translator's job, by showing in parallel the original page and
the translated page (in 2 separate frames, for example) ?

If not now, do you plan to include some similar support for translation in
the future ? If not, are you aware of such a CMS ?

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Marta

Marta Stojanovic
Research Associate | Attachée de recherche
tel/tél: 613-993-3857 | facsimile/télécopieur 613-952-7157
marta.stojanovic at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council Canada | M-50, 1200 Montreal Road, Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0R6
Conseil national de recherches Canada | M-50, 1200 chemin Montréal, Ottawa,
Ontario K1A 0R6