[opencms-dev] Support for translation

Mariano Barcia mariano.barcia at colaborativa.net
Fri Jul 9 23:34:01 CEST 2004

Marta,

Better support for multi-lingual sites is offered in the next coming
version of OpenCMS (v6). It offers integrated management of
multi-lingual resources (such as a web page). However, I believe that
those fancy editing features like those you mentioned are more of a
desktop software application than of a web-based CMS. At least, I don't
know a CMS that can do that. Currently in pre-6, you can easily switch a
page from one language to another and perform operations on the
resources seamlessly (like publish or delete).

We have implemented our own company website with the v6 pre-release
version (using fmt taglibs also) and we are very happy with it so far.

Hope this helps,
--mariano