[opencms-dev] Questions about development modules

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Mon Jul 12 17:43:01 CEST 2004

Gómez Romero wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a few doubts about development with OpenCMS:
>
> 1. Can I do backoffice with JSP templates? How can I do it? Can anybody to send example?

Yes. You can see how by looking at the FlexCache JSP pages that are
included in your OpenCms install by default. I will have some code out
in about a week -- a module that does XSLT transformations and also an
upgrade to the Lucene module -- that use JSP for back office.

In the next version of OpenCms, all backoffice stuff will be in JSP.

> 2. I have a module with JSP templates and I have a page with include for my template:
>
> 		<%@ page session="false" %>
> 		<%@ taglib prefix="cms" uri="http://www.opencms.org/taglib/cms" %>
>
> 		<cms:include property="template" element="head" />
>
> 		<h1>text</h1>
>
> 		<cms:include property="template" element="foot" />
>

> I have a problem that the html code insert isn't showed. Why?

According to your followup message, this is an "HTML Page"... shouldn't
it be a JSP? Not sure I understand this problem well enough to anser.

> 3. I have read about Customize WYSIWYG but I don't understand very well how do it and what for.

You can customize the CSS that the WYSIWYG uses.... That will change the
appearance of various elements.

> 4. I have see in administration a icon to Channels. What is it?

It's not really used by default. It provides some API hooks for
developing a channel-based view of data (e.g. topical organization). The
News module uses channels.

Matt