[opencms-dev] Help! version 5.0.1 or 5.3.*

SIMON DUTIL simon.dutil at msp.gouv.qc.ca
Tue Jul 13 18:18:01 CEST 2004

Hi!

I've read the "Development status of the next OpenCms version"  in the
news section, but its a little old (02/15/04)...

So ive looked in the mailing list and found this post ( Roadmap to the
next 'major' OpenCms release 6.0 ) :

http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2004q1/009593.html

According to it, the current CVS status shows that openCms 6.0 is still
in pre-alpha, the last version number being 5.3.5.

1- Our cms will be used by many users, should we stick to opencms
5.0.1, write all of our documentation based on this version and wait for
the 6.0 release or should we consider building the sources of a 5.3.*
version ? Are the last versions stable enought to consider working with
them instead of the 5.0.1?

2- When do you plan to release the beta or the first release candidate
for version 6 ? That would be great to have an updated roadmap with a
new release date !

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Simon