[opencms-dev] user integration from passwd files

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Fri Jul 16 19:41:01 CEST 2004

If you look at the database export file format (XML), you can see how
users are stored. IIRC, teh data files that are stored in the ~users
directory are just serialized Hastable objects. I think that you could
probably devise a way of converting from a CSV to XML. I don't remember
what the hash method is for the passwords... so I'm not sure of you can
use the hashed contents of the passwd file, or if you need cleartext
passwords.

Matt