[opencms-dev] user integration from passwd files

Christian Poecher Poecher at gmx.net
Sat Jul 17 11:37:01 CEST 2004

M Butcher wrote:

> If you look at the database export file format (XML), you can see how
> users are stored. IIRC, teh data files that are stored in the ~users
> directory are just serialized Hastable objects. I think that you could
> probably devise a way of converting from a CSV to XML. I don't
> remember what the hash method is for the passwords... so I'm not sure
> of you can use the hashed contents of the passwd file, or if you need
> cleartext passwords.
>

>> I have some questions regarding user integration from flatfiles, like
>> passwd or csv files:
>>
>> is there any solution for user integration from csv- or passwd files?
>> If yes, could it be done with database import from backoffice?
>> Or does anybody know anout other possible solutions?

I wouldn't mess with the internal data representation of OpenCMS. That
is about to change without prior notice. Better use the API:
CmsObject.addUser|addWebUser will do the job. Remember you must be
logged in as Admin before you can call the method.

You can parse your input files conventiently with java.util.regex or the
StringTokenizer class.

chris