[opencms-dev] Cant get lucien search to index news in database

Kelvin kelvin.ang at resonance.com.sg
Mon Jul 26 04:12:02 CEST 2004

Hi All,

I managed to get the lucien search to index the pages in my website, but I
can't seem to get it to index the news articles in the database. I have
added "!" value manually to the "info_1", "info_2","info_3" fields in the
database so that there is no null fields. I really need to get this working
ASAP. Can anyone give me any suggestions as what i need to do?Thanks.

Regards,
Kelvin

Registry.xml
------------------------
             <contentDefinitions>
                 <contentDefinition type="news">
                     <class>com.opencms.modules.homepage.news.NewsContentDefinition</class>
                     <initClass>net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.NewsInitialization</initClass>
                     <listMethod name="getNewsList">
                         <param type="java.lang.Integer">2</param>
                         <param type="java.lang.String">-1</param>
                     </listMethod>
                     <page uri="/news/earnings.jsp?__element=entry">
                         <param method="getIntId" name="newsid"/>
                     </page>
                 </contentDefinition>
                 <contentDefinition type="news">
                     <class>com.opencms.modules.homepage.news.NewsContentDefinition</class>
                     <initClass>net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.NewsInitialization</initClass>
                     <listMethod name="getNewsList">
                         <param type="java.lang.Integer">1</param>
                         <param type="java.lang.String">-1</param>
                     </listMethod>
                     <page uri="/news/earnings.jsp?__element=entry">
                         <param method="getIntId" name="newsid"/>
                     </page>
                 </contentDefinition>
             </contentDefinitions>

Schedule task
40 15 * * * admin Administrators
net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.CronIndexManager createIndex=true