[opencms-dev] (5.0.1) Online not showing Offline content in OpenCMS "pseudo-cluster"

mmihaili at csc.com.au mmihaili at csc.com.au
Wed Aug 4 07:58:01 CEST 2004

Gee I hate having to fix problems on older versions when you are trying to
get a newer version happening, but ...

I am not sure if this is an issue with OpenCMS 5.0.1 or the way in which it
is being used.

We have deployed OpenCMS to a solaris/weblogic/oracl machine, then copied
that to another similar machine.
An iplanet webserver redirects all workplace requests to the first machine,
then load-balances website requests between the two.
Content (export) is copied from machine 1 to machine 2 every x minutes via
rsync.

We have a problem in that the second machine is not showing the latest
content of the home page of the website.
I have (sneakily) opened the workplace on machine 2 and viewed the page in
offline mode and it is up to date.
When I view it in online mode, it is not up to date.
The page has been published on machine 1 and is not exported.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Moris Mihailidis
Computer Sciences Corporation
EBS-BSS Web Services e-Business South
58 Queensbridge St, Southbank, VIC 3006, Australia
Ph: +61-3-8695-1527    Fax:+61-3-8695-1540
Email: mmihaili at csc.com.au

for such purpose.