[opencms-dev] Administration module "Check external links"

Lex van Sonderen lex.van.sonderen at halotec.com
Sat Aug 7 11:54:01 CEST 2004

Hi All,

We did a little more investigation about External Links Checking

One is supposed to invoke the External Link checker as a cron job:

* * * * * admin Administrators com.opencms.file.CmsLinkCheck
<<

After that you can see the result in "Check External Links" (which could
indeed use a better label):

/system/galleries/externallinks/pwi_links/KIWA, http://www.kiwa.nl, failed
checks: 5
/system/galleries/externallinks/links/Rensen, http://www.rensenreg.nl,
failed checks: 5
/system/galleries/externallinks/links/Aquatech_Amsterdam_2004,
http://www.aquatechtrade.com/amsterdam/, failed checks: 5
/system/galleries/externallinks/links/Massier, http://www.massier.nl, failed
checks: 5
/system/galleries/externallinks/pwi_links/waterforum,
http://www.waterforum.net, failed checks: 5
/system/galleries/externallinks/pwi_links/ministerievanvromlegionella,
http://www.vrom.nl, failed checks: 5
/system/galleries/externallinks/links/Imtech, http://www.imtech.nl, failed
checks: 5
/system/galleries/externallinks/links/Kropman, http://www.kropman.nl, failed
checks: 5
/system/galleries/externallinks/links/Priva_Argo, http://www.priva.nl,
failed checks: 5
/system/galleries/externallinks/links/Coneco, http://www.coneco.nl, failed
checks: 5
/system/galleries/externallinks/links/Acrobat_DU,
http://www.adobe.de/products/acrobat/readstep.html, failed checks: 5
/system/galleries/externallinks/links/Acrobat_EN,
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html, failed checks: 5
/system/galleries/externallinks/links/Priva, http://www.privaweb.com/,
failed checks: 5
/system/galleries/externallinks/links/Acrobat_NL,
http://www.adobe.nl/products/acrobat/readstep.html, failed checks: 5
<<

However, in my case all the links are reported as failed, although they are
fine.  Probably something needs to be configured in tomcat or so....  Does
anybody understand that part?

Best, Lex

Lex van Sonderen
Halotec Interactive