[opencms-dev] Maximum number of files in a dir/project?

Michael Biber mbiber at bibertech.com
Mon Aug 16 21:50:21 CEST 2004

Michelle,

To help potential clients when choosing OpenCms, Biber (www.bibertech.com)
has put together Q&A sheet that you can request that consist 25 pages.

To highlight your question, OpenCms does not have an issue publishing a
project with items that exceed 500 items.  We have experience on client
systems that the administration UI explorer screens start to become very
slow listing all the content items when you start having multiple projects
(for example: 25 projects) with a large amount of items.

Michael Biber
Biber Technologies
16 Monmouth Street
Red Bank, NJ 07701
732-758-8040 #202

OpenCms (v5.01 through v5.3) Q&A sheet

1.0 Introduction to OpenCms
2.0 Content Lifecycle Requirements
3.0 Workflow Functionality Add Documents
4.0 Notification Functionality
5.0 User Creation
6.0 Content Syndication
7.0 Regulatory / Compliance Support
8.0 Digital Asset Management
9.0 Internationalization & Localization
10.0 Metadata
11.0 Security
12.0 Administration
13.0 Administrative Reporting Add Documents
14.0 Functionality Roadmap
15.0 Implementation Considerations

Example:

9.9 Implementation Experience:  Please describe an implementation where you
needed to create both internationalized & localized content within one or
multiple content initiatives.

Biber used OpenCms as the back-end engine regarding content management to
deliver 12 different language online training courses in the following
different languages: English, Spanish (Mexican and Spain), French, German,
Italian, Polish, Turkish, Chinese (simplified), Japanese, Urd, German, and
Portuguese.  A group of trainers use the content management system to edit
and publish online courses to 50,000 users around the world support on 20
different servers