[opencms-dev] Xerces Hell: I have replaced but still broken

Bill Klintoe fourthirtysix at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 18 20:37:45 CEST 2004

Please help - I desperately want to use OpenCMS but am
in Xerces hell.

I have *REPLACED* meaning, first deleted (not renamed)
the file in $CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed with the
xerces-1_4_4.jar from the WEB-INF/lib directory.

I triple checked, and I have only the xerces-1_4_4.jar
in those two directories. The old version
(xercelImpl.jar) was deleted, so TOMCAT and OPENCMS
should have the exact same Xerces.

I have also verified the passwords in
opencms.properties

I restarted tomcat several times.

But I still get the 404 Requested resource is not
available error, and if I refresh that page I get the
insufficient rights for editing the file
/system/bodies/release/installation.html

Help! Thanks