[opencms-dev] Character set in OpenCMS 5.0.1

Phan Dang Dinh phan_dang_dinh at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 19 03:56:55 CEST 2004

Hi,
First, you must set -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 for Tomcat
Second, open file opencms.properties and change
defaultContentEncoding=ISO-8859-1 to
defaultContentEncoding=UTF-8

Next, pls test this code:

<%@ page pageEncoding="UTF-8" %>
<%@ page
import="java.util.*,com.opencms.flex.jsp.*,com.opencms.file.CmsObject,com.opencms.file.*,
com.opencms.core.CmsException" %>
<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html;
charset=utf-8" pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>
<%@ page session="false" %>
<%
	request.setCharacterEncoding("utf-8");
        CmsJspActionElement cms = new
CmsJspActionElement(pageContext, request, response);
        cms.getRequestContext().setEncoding("UTF-8");
	String s = request.getParameter("testparam");
	out.println(s);
%>

  <head>
charset=utf-8" />