[opencms-dev] install help needed

Andy Kriger akriger at greaterthanone.com
Wed Aug 18 22:20:41 CEST 2004

I am trying to install OpenCms 5.0.1 on a system with Resin 2.1.11 and MySQL
3.23.49
While importing the workspace, install hangs - no progress is being made in
installing components.

The logs show a number of ClassNotFoundExceptions. Does anyone have any
ideas why this error is happening and how I can fix it? This is very
important as I am trying to get our company to choose OpenCms as the CMS
solution we will offer to clients. If I cannot get it installed, I'll have a
hard time pitching it as our preferred solution.

[2004.08.18::15:14:09] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.opencms.template.CmsXmlTemplate [java.lang.LinkageError: duplicate class
definition: com/opencms/template/CmsXmlTemplate]
        at
com.caucho.util.DynamicClassLoader.loadClass(DynamicClassLoader.java:651)
        at
com.caucho.util.DynamicClassLoader.findClass(DynamicClassLoader.java:565)
        at
com.caucho.util.DynamicClassLoader.loadClass(DynamicClassLoader.java:510)
        at
com.opencms.template.CmsTemplateClassManager.getClassInstance(CmsTemplateCla
ssManager.java:109)
        at
com.opencms.template.CmsTemplateClassManager.getClassInstance(CmsTemplateCla
ssManager.java:63)
        at
com.opencms.linkmanagement.LinkChecker.extractLinks(LinkChecker.java:70)
        at com.opencms.file.CmsObject.getPageLinks(CmsObject.java:1816)
        at com.opencms.file.CmsImport.updatePageLinks(CmsImport.java:1019)
        at com.opencms.file.CmsImport.importAllResources(CmsImport.java:796)
        at com.opencms.file.CmsImport.importResources(CmsImport.java:221)
        at com.opencms.file.CmsRegistry.importModule(CmsRegistry.java:1891)
        at
com.opencms.core.CmsShellCommands.importModuleFromDefault(CmsShellCommands.j
ava:1929)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1099.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
.java:25)
        at com.opencms.core.CmsShell.call(CmsShell.java:147)
        at com.opencms.core.CmsShell.commands(CmsShell.java:188)
        at
)
        at
.java:25)
        at com.opencms.boot.CmsMain.begin(CmsMain.java:164)
        at com.opencms.boot.CmsMain.startSetup(CmsMain.java:120)
        at com.opencms.boot.CmsSetupThread.run(CmsSetupThread.java:83)