[opencms-dev] module packaging

Jason Schatz jes at urbancode.com
Thu Aug 19 22:40:07 CEST 2004

I have created a new resource that when accessed will execute
precompiled Java code.  Right now I am using the
explorer_files_new_othertype.html action to create my object, but using
this gives me the following error

Error in getContent for template class
com.opencms.workplace.CmsPublishResource

I want to create new files to accomplish this, mainly in
com.opencms.workplace.CmsNewResourceAction.java,
explorer_files_new_othertype.html action and
explorer_files_new_othertype template.

What I really want to know is, if I add these files to my module in
folders named restypes, action, templates will they be added to the
workplace when the user installs the module.  I have tried adding them
to see if the system allows me to use them from inside my module, much
like using the administration folder to put jsps in the administration
view, but this doesn't seem to be working for me, am I doing something
wrong here??

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason