[opencms-dev] access to DB fields possible?

Peter Mueller Peter.Mueller10 at gmx.de
Fri Aug 20 22:20:36 CEST 2004

Hello everybody,

I am planning to setup a java-based collaborative authoring tool using only
open source software (for a university project). And that's where I ran into
OpenCMS.

Background:
The tool should allow registered users to help expanding (and correcting)the
content of an existing website about midieval charters. The users should be
able to add or change field entries of a database, but before these new
contents go on the regular site they have to be checked by a moderator.

Quesions:

- MOST IMPORTANT: If I see it right OpenCMS seems to be managing files only.
Is it also possible to access and edit single fields of database records?
And if not - how difficult do you think it would be for me to implement that
feature?

- It would also be necessary to import existing records from a
MySQL-Database into OpenCMS (I also need an export-to-MySQL-function). Is
that at all possible?

- If it is not possible - do you know an alternative? Or will I have to
programme the whole thing myself?

Thankx a lot in advance!

Best regards,
Peter

--
NEU: Bis zu 10 GB Speicher für e-mails & Dateien!
1 GB bereits bei GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail