[opencms-dev] Access Denied (editing files in Tutorial)

Kyle Gabhart rkgabhart at link.com
Sat Aug 21 02:25:06 CEST 2004

I am running into a problem that others have evidently run into as
well.  I have followed the advice I was able to find in the mail list
but I am still having issues.  On page 7 of UserDoc.pdf (page 11
according to Adobe Acrobat) the user is instructed to lock and then edit
a page.  When I attempt to edit I get an error.  Originally, my problem
was a servlet error.  After repeated attempts I received an "Access
Denied" error.  I found in the mailing list an instruction to replace
the xercesImpl.jar from Tomcat with the xerces-1_4_4.jar from
webapps/opencms/web-inf/lib  I have done that and I now consistently get
the Access Denied error on the first try.

Here is the error:
com.opencms.core.CmsException: 1 Access denied. Detailed error:
[CmsXmlTemplateEditor] Insufficient rights for editing the files
/system/bodies/release/installation.html.
at
com.opencms.workplace.CmsXmlTemplateEditor.getContent(CmsXmlTemplateEditor.java:435)
at
com.opencms.template.cache.CmsElementXml.getContent(CmsElementXml.java:171)...

Error found in opencms.log:
[20.08.2004 19:18:46] <opencms_info> [CmsElementXml
(CmsXmlTemplateEditor/edit_page_main)] Error in getContent for template
class com.opencms.workplace.CmsXmlTemplateEditor

What do I do?

-KG