[opencms-dev] Moving files in OpenCms

Sven Bonorden bonorden at getit.de
Mon Aug 23 12:09:40 CEST 2004

Hi,

moving and renaming a file in the VFS is implemented as creating a file
at its new location and deleting it at the old location.
The two files (the created and the deleted) must be published
separately. If the publisher only publishes one of them, we have either
two or no versions of this file online.
We are searching for a solution that publishes moving of a file in a
single transaction but then we would have to publish actions, not
ressources...
Does anybody have an idea how we could handle this problem?

Regards
Sven

--
Sven Bonorden
Softwareentwicklung und Beratung, GETIT   mailto:bonorden at getit.de

-----
GETIT - Gesellschaft für Technologie- und Informationstransfer mbH

Emil-Figge-Straße 76-80                        http://www.getit.de
44227 Dortmund                                mailto:info at getit.de