[opencms-dev] Re: Xerces Hell: cannot Edit Page without error

Bill Klintoe fourthirtysix at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 17:00:29 CEST 2004

I have tried a few more things with no luck. I had
previously used Tomcat 5, but just downgraded to
4.1.30 in case that was the problem. I deleted the
$CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed/xercesImpl.jar and
replaced it with the WEB-INF/lib version, restarted
Tomcat, and *drum roll*

It's still broken!

When I lock a file and try to edit page, I get the 404
Resource error, and the details say Insufficient
rights.

I'm using the right versions of everything, OpenCMS
installs and works fine, I can create projects, but I
can't get Edit Page to work still.

Is there anyone who can help debug this? It's running
on Debian Linux 2.6 kernel, using MySQL, OpenCMS
5.0.1, the 1.5.0 JDK and Tomcat 4.1.30.

Thanks for any help!