[opencms-dev] Re: Xerces Hell: cannot Edit Page without error

Steve steve.welsh at redplanetuk.com
Mon Aug 23 17:24:28 CEST 2004

Hi,

Just read your e-mail and it reminded me of a similar problem we had
with Xerces under tomcat.  In addition to providing the jar as an
endorsed library for tomcat, we also had to set the following in our
system environment:-

JAVA_OPTS=-Dorg.xml.sax.driver=org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser

The correct parser class was then used for the job.  Also, whilst trying
things out like this, you might find it better to run Tomcat as a
'console' application rather than a Windows Service - when running as a
service, I'm pretty certain that the Tomcat process does NOT read the
environment.

Hope this helps.

Steve,

REDPlanet Technologies Ltd,