[opencms-dev] Re: Xerces Hell: cannot Edit Page without error

Bill Klintoe fourthirtysix at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 19:28:04 CEST 2004

Steve,

Thanks for the message. I tried adding in the
JAVA_OPTS variable you mentioned, exported it and
restarted Tomcat with no luck. I'm running on Linux
with Tomcat in standalone mode (no apache).

Unfortunately I'm beginning to think I'll never get
OpenCMS going. The funny part is, I'm pretty sure it's
one or two small things causing the issue. I've just
tried all the usual suspects with no luck.

 --- Steve <steve.welsh at redplanetuk.com> escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Just read your e-mail and it reminded me of a
> similar problem we had
> with Xerces under tomcat.  In addition to providing
> the jar as an
> endorsed library for tomcat, we also had to set the
> following in our
> system environment:-

JAVA_OPTS=-Dorg.xml.sax.driver=org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser

> The correct parser class was then used for the job.
> Also, whilst trying
> things out like this, you might find it better to
> run Tomcat as a
> 'console' application rather than a Windows Service
> - when running as a
> service, I'm pretty certain that the Tomcat process
> does NOT read the
> environment.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Steve,