[opencms-dev] OpenCMS and realms

Padraic Hannon pih at wasabicowboy.com
Wed Aug 25 19:29:58 CEST 2004

I'm working on getting the roller blog engine integrated as an opencms
module. There are two items which I need to tackle to get that to work:

1) Convincing roller to store its blog contents in opencms
2) create a single signon for both apps

What I'd like to do is use form based auth to log a user in to both
systems. My notion is to use CmsJspLoginBean to actually handle the
login and if it is successful to have everything set correctly so that
request.getUserPrincipal(), etc. work correctly. I am thinking of
modifying the login method of the CmsJspLoginBean to return true/false
based on the user login, and then calling CmsRequestContext to get the
user information into the J2EE realm. Other than I would have to modify
the login screens to use the form based login for web apps.

This is all hypothetical, as I am brand new to opencmsI was wondering if
anyone had a any pointers for me.

thanks,
Paddy Hannon