[opencms-dev] Question on Content Storage and Deployment

Kagawa, Brad bkagawa at roundarch.com
Thu Aug 26 00:32:12 CEST 2004

Hi -

Based on the available information, I am having some trouble
understanding exactly how OpenCMS stores content.  To my best
understanding, everything (structured) is stored in a database and
static pages are generated based on templated and published to a web
site.  I have a few questions:

Is my basic understanding above correct?

Is this more of a page-creation system rather than a system that is
intended to manage "pure" content?  Is there a way to manage structured
content in OpenCMS with no intention of assembling it into HTML pages?
Could I deploy OPenCMS structured content to one or more other
databases, for example if the target site is dynamic and running on
another application server?

Can metadata be managed along with unstructured/file content?  Where
does that data "live" and how is it deployed?

Thanks,

Brad Kagawa