[opencms-dev] Backoffice module over traditional java module on opencms?

Jessie Hui jessieh at airnet.com.hk
Thu Aug 26 04:01:11 CEST 2004

Hi,

I have read the document about Backoffice on Opencms. I know that building module extend from Backoffice module will simplify the coding, but I found that in order to use Backoffice, developer need to use the XML templates which is very complicated and on the other hand, need a lot of coding..... (Without detail document and tutorial increase the difficulty of building backoffice module)

Therefore, I think is there really any advantages of using backoffice module instead of building a traditional java module on opencms? As I think building a traditional java module with same function as using backoffice, such as news module, will not use much more time to finish. Both need to implement the news class (content definition), database access (write/delete/filter method), and UI (jsp template).

Best regards,
Jessie =)