[opencms-dev] Urgent: 5.3.6 workplace issues

Tim Howland thowland at organic.com
Thu Aug 26 18:15:36 CEST 2004

Two things to check:

1) What browser are you using? Try IE 6 if you have access to it (looks
like a javascript error, sometimes other browsers don't play nicely with
opencms)

2) Sometimes mysql drops old connections, which is ugly with a
connection pool like opencms's. Check opencms.properties for any
parameters related to checking that a connection is up and running. I
believe it's commented out by default, but there's a query that can be
executed (select count(*) from users or something) that will check the
DB connections in the pool before use.

Hope this helps,

Tim