[opencms-dev] Can more than 50 websites build on opencms?

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Fri Aug 27 09:48:31 CEST 2004

So you're basically running one instance with 50 sites represented in
its VFS (note that there need not be a one-to-one relationship between
a module and a site, but if they all have a different set of templates
it is probably a good idea so keep that stuff in separate modules -
just keep in mind that all 50+ templates will be visible to all sites
when adding new pages)

Having 50 directories (on per site) certainly doesn't seem to be a
problem. There are reports that when you have very large number of
folders, that the navigation tree to the left in the explorer might get
sluggish, haven't been there myself so other peope may have comments on
that.