[opencms-dev] Password Question

Jason Schatz jes at urbancode.com
Tue Aug 31 17:50:42 CEST 2004

I was just wondering.  If a webuser forgets his password for my website
is there a way to recover the password in plain text to send it back to
user through OpenCms.  I was just wondering what opencms's protocol was
for dealing with lost or forgotten passwords, since I know that opencms
encrypts them for storage in the database.  I know there is a recovery
password, but I am not sure how it works, or its function.  If anyone
has any thoughts or ideas they would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Jason