[opencms-dev] outOfMemoryException OpenCms 5.0.1

Rodrigo Baptista rbaptista at criticalsoftware.com
Wed Sep 8 18:18:20 CEST 2004

Dear all,

I'm using the photo album, so I'm uploading several pictures to the
OpenCms workplace, but when I publish the folder I get a
outOfMemoryException.

The folder has 71 pictures each with +/- 500 KB, which gives the folder
a size of aprox. 36 MB.

 I'm using JProfiler to see what is happening to the memory (see file in
attach ) and it seems the problem is in the CmsDbAcess.readFile method,
which gets a size of 98 MB and the byte [] gets up to 90 MB when the
server throws the outOfMemoryException.

I want to publish 600 pictures, and the only way to avoid this error is
to publish one by one. This is a haste of time and is very buring. I've
patched the CmsResourceBroker as mentioned in bugzilla in the bug 274
but the problem still happens.

I'm using:
-          OpenCms 5.0.1
-          JBoss+Jetty 3.0.4
-          MySql 4.0.17
-          512 MB RAM
-          Java VM -Xms128m -Xmx256m

Anyone has an idea how to solve this problem,

Thanks all,
Rodrigo

Critical Software SA
Parque Industrial de Taveiro, Lote 48
3045-504 Coimbra, Portugal
Tel: +351.239989100 - Fax: +351.239989119 - Mobile: 965870656
 <http://www.criticalsoftware.com/> http://www.criticalsoftware.com
 <mailto:rbaptista at criticalsoftware.com>
mailto:rbaptista at criticalsoftware.com

DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential information or privileged material and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not a named addressee and mistakenly received this message you should not copy or otherwise disseminate it: please delete this e-mail from your system and notify the sender immediately. E-mail transmissions are not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. Therefore, the sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message that arise as a result of e-mail transmissions. Please request a hard copy version if verification is required. Critical Software.