[opencms-dev] Installation Wizard Questions

Diego, Emil ediego at exchange.sba.miami.edu
Wed Sep 8 17:39:03 CEST 2004

I am running Fedora Core 2 with Tomcat 4.1.27-13 and apache 2.0.49-4.  I am running the ocsetup wizard using tomcat as a standalone server.

I have a couple of questions abour how it works.
1) During the install, the wizard asks me 'Do you want to import the workplace?'
What does that mean?  When I select No I get the following error
"You have not imported the workplace. Warning:   OpenCms will not work without the virtual file system!"

2) When I continue I get the following error messaage
'org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Thread.stop unimplemented'

I know the recent SDK versions deprecated the Thread.stop method.  Is there any way to fix this error, other that having to use an earlier SDK version.  I current;y have J2sdk 1.4.2_04 installed.

Emil Diego

---