[opencms-dev] Searching and Categorizing Contents

Vineeth Varghese vineeth.varghese at tavant.com
Wed Sep 22 22:41:48 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am using OpenCMS but I am currently facing 2 issues for which I can't find
adequate documentation.
Searching :- When defining a Content I can assign keywords to that content
but I didn't find an inbuilt mechanism in OpenCMS to use this keyword for
some sort of search?. Currently I am using a Lucene based module for search
but this offers me a search on the indexed content. How can I make use of
the keywords attached to a content for a search. Since the base system
allows me to assign keywords to a Content it would be logical to expect some
kind of inbuilt search based on these keywords.

Channels :- Is it possible to categorize a Content?. For eg a page belongs
to a category called NewLetter and another to FAQ page. It seems that
Channels is a possible option for categorizing the Content but I would like
to more details on how this can be done.

Hope someone in this list will be able to provide some input on these
issues.

Thanks,

Vineeth.