[opencms-dev] Delete owner - OpenCMS 6a

Olli Aro olli_aro at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 23 00:27:01 CEST 2004

One issue we have fought a lot with version 5.x has been unpredictable
system behaviour when the content owner has been erased (e.g. copy functions
was not guaranteed to work before the content item had existing owner). Is
this still the case with the current version? After a quick test I noticed
that the explorer view displayed error message
“org.opencms.main.CmsException: [org.opencms.db.mysql.CmsUserDriver] where:
org.opencms.db.generic.CmsUserDriver.readUser(CmsUserDriver.java:880), why:
org.opencms.main.CmsException:
[org.opencms.db.mysql.CmsUserDriver]672bca9e-0ce4-11d9-b6d0-b5ce0c7ba09e
[Code 10 - Unknown User] “ for content with non existing owner (version 5
displays the removed user’s user id). Maybe the default behaviour could be
that the owner would be one of the system users, e.g. admin, if the content
owner no longer exists.

Olli

---