AW: [opencms-dev] OpenCms 6.0 Alpha1 mod_proxy almost there!

Sebastian Himberger sh at agil-mehr-internet.de
Thu Sep 23 09:29:10 CEST 2004

Hi,

i had the same problem with my installation (Alpha1, Apache2, Tomcat5).
But I've worked around it. Here's my solution:

Virtual-Hosts:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName opencms.site.de

    DocumentRoot "C:/.../Tomcat 5.0/webapps/ROOT"
    ErrorLog logs/temp.log
    ProxyPass         /resources/         !

    ProxyPass         /opencms            http://127.0.0.1:8081/opencms/

    ProxyPassReverse  /opencms            http://127.0.0.1:8081/opencms/

    ProxyPass         /                   http://127.0.0.1:8081/opencms/
    ProxyPassReverse  /                   http://127.0.0.1:8081/opencms/

</VirtualHost>

# I changed the name of export to static
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName static.site.net
    DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache/Tomcat
5.0/webapps/ROOT/static/"
    ServerAlias www.static.site.de static.site.de
</VirtualHost>

opencms-importexport.xml:

<rfs-prefix>http://static.site.de/export</rfs-prefix>
<vfs-prefix></vfs-prefix>

This configuration seems to work although it's still some kind of
workaround. It probably needs some adjustments to work in your
environment.

HTH
Sebastian