[opencms-dev] Authentication issue

Dariush dariush at eximia.it
Thu Sep 23 12:36:46 CEST 2004

Hi community,
I need to protect a preprod instance of opencms with basic authentication
login/password.
If I use a login/password recognized by opencms as a cms_user, everything
works fine and the site is accessed correctly.
The problem is that I need to simulate also the 'guest' user (not registered
user).
How can I do that?

If I make an authentication with an unrecognized cms_user (say 'Guest'), an
error occurs:
com.opencms.core.CmsException: 10 Unknown User. Detailed error:
[com.opencms.file.oraclesql.CmsDbAccess]Guest.

Please, It's very urgent!!!!

Dariush.