[opencms-dev] alpha 1 and multi site

Cyrill Brunschwiler cbrunsch at hsr.ch
Thu Sep 23 15:00:41 CEST 2004

Martin

> I wonder if the multisite feature can work with mod_proxy at all ?
>
> With mod_proxy, all requests are received by Apache
> and then the Apache is the client for TomCat, not the original browser.
> So if all requests are proxied for, say, localhost:8080,
> the information about virtual host is lost.

Since you have multiple sites served with a single apache (configured as
reverse proxy) you need a virtual host configuration for each virtual
domain in httpd.conf.

eg. www1.opencms.demo on 222.222.222.222
    www2.opencms.demo on 222.222.222.222
    www3.demo.net     on 222.222.222.222

You have to define the proxy rules for each virtual domain. Tomcat allows
you to configure its external proxy name for each connector. So define
multiple connectors with different external proxy names in server.xml.

eg. www1.opencms.demo
    www2.opencms.demo
    www3.demo.net

ok?