[opencms-dev] Fine Grained Workflow Control!!!

Vineeth Varghese vineeth.varghese at tavant.com
Thu Sep 23 23:50:23 CEST 2004

Hi,

I had this post sometime back but didn't get any replies so I am resending
this. OpenCMS has this notion of User Group (User & Manager are the base)in
Workflow. I can create a custom group ut it will be internally mapped to a
base group. This is my current understanding of the Workflow Management
System. I  want more control on this group/role. I should be able to define
a group as 'Content Author' who can only create a content but can't assign a
template to it. A role called 'Content Architect' should be able to assign a
template to a Content but shouldn't be able to edit/change the content. A
'Content Reviewer' views the final page and approves but can't edit or
publish. Publish is again done only by 'Content Architect'. Is this kind of
fine grained control on the flow and roles, possible in OpenCMS?. I don't
see any mention of this kind of fine grained control in the documentation.

Thanks,
Vineeth.