[opencms-dev] Alpha 1 - Backoffice UIs in Module

Frank Febbraro frankfebbraro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 17:44:29 CEST 2004

I have a module that defines a new Resource Type, called Story. In
opencms-workspace.xml I added the following definition.

<explorertype name="story" key="fileicon.story" icon="story.gif">
    <newresource uri="newresource_story2.jsp" order="20"/>
    <accesscontrol>
    </accesscontrol>
    <editoptions>
        <defaultproperties enabled="true" shownavigation="true">
        </defaultproperties>
        <contextmenu>
        </contextmenu>
    </editoptions>
</explorertype>

As far as I can tell, the URI attribute of the <newresource> tag will
only look for it in the /system/workplace/commons folder. I wanted to
have these files deployable INSIDE my module, but I cannot figure out
how to tell OpenCMS to look for them.

I tried:
<newresource uri="/system/modules/my.module/view/newresource_story2.jsp"
order="20"/>

But then opencms tried to pull up
/system/workplace/commons/system/modules/my.module/view/newresource_story2.jsp

How can I tell opencms to look for the <newresource> URI in a module.
Alexander suggested in an earlier post to use the
"additionalresources" property of the module but I could not figure
this out. I added /system/modules/my.module/view/ to that property but
the UI still could not be found.

Thanks in advance,
Frank

PS A side effect of trying this showed that if that URI can not be
found it produces no error, simply a blank screen with no indication
of an error in the tomcat or opencms logs.