[opencms-dev] Alpha 1 - Backoffice UIs in Module

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Tue Sep 28 18:47:15 CEST 2004

Frank,

> As far as I can tell, the URI attribute of the <newresource>
> tag will only look for it in the /system/workplace/commons
> folder. I wanted to have these files deployable INSIDE my
> module, but I cannot figure out how to tell OpenCMS to look for them.
>
> I tried:
> <newresource
> uri="/system/modules/my.module/view/newresource_story2.jsp"
> order="20"/>
>
> But then opencms tried to pull up
> /system/workplace/commons/system/modules/my.module/view/newres
> ource_story2.jsp

This may be hardcoded in the workplace classes. If so it's probably a good
idea to remove this and make it fully configurable.

> How can I tell opencms to look for the <newresource> URI in a module.
> Alexander suggested in an earlier post to use the
> "additionalresources" property of the module but I could not
> figure this out. I added /system/modules/my.module/view/ to
> that property but the UI still could not be found.

The "additionalresources" is just a workaround for the module resources.
After creation of a module, check out the file "opencms-module.xml". There's
a <resources/> node which lists all resources that belong to the module.
This is what's really used. The "additionalresources" parameter is just a
workaround to fill these values because there's no GUI for setting the
values of the <resources/> node in the Workplace yet.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts