[opencms-dev] newbie template question

Andy Kriger akriger at greaterthanone.com
Tue Sep 28 20:29:25 CEST 2004

Let's say I have a page with header, footer, and content and I want to allow
the user to edit each part of the page (not the template but the page
sections). How do I set this up in OpenCms?

As I understand it right now, I create a page and apply a template, meaning
that the body section of the template will be replaced with the page body.
That is only one section though. I want to be able to also change the header
and footer sections. Can this somehow be done entirely with the WYSIWYG
editor?

I'm sure the answer is pretty obvious, but being new to OpenCms, I'm not
seeing it.

thx
andy