[opencms-dev] newbie template question

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Wed Sep 29 09:09:09 CEST 2004

Just have your template include a banner and a footer file along with
the body of the page. Typically it is sufficient to make these includes
plain files (as they only have to be edited occasionally when a phone
number or likewise changes, and wysiwyg is not that important).
You could make a special template for the banner and treat it as a page
in OpenCms, and then include that. But in 5.0.1 there are issues when
including multiple pages rather than just one page and multiple plain
files, check the list archive for something along the lines of 'include
hack'.

An alternative is to use multi-bodies. This enables that besides the
default body, a page also could include a footer-section and so forth
which you then can edit from the wysiwyg-editor (you switch between the
section with a pop-up which is hidden until this feature is enabled).
Look at the mail archive, you may have to look in the 2003 archive - I
think there were postings related to this function back then.

Claus