[opencms-dev] (no subject)Ashish Malhotra - Users currently o nline feature

Thomas M�rz thomasmaerz at gmx.de
Wed Sep 29 17:15:40 CEST 2004

Hello,

since the mailing list is still not available:

> When I'm logged on as either an administrator or projectmanager, is there a
> feature to see who else(i.e. editors, etc) is currently logged in?

This code works only for admin users.
The problem is, that JSPs using this code are not accessible to normal
users, although they could have an ACL to view the page.

| Vector users = cmsObject.getLoggedInUsers();
| for ( int i = 0; i < users.size(); i++ )
| {
|     Hashtable userInfo = ( Hashtable ) users.get( i );
|     // userInfo.get( I_CmsConstants.C_SESSION_USERNAME);
| }

> I'm using OpenCMS 5.x.

Tested with 5.3.6, but found just this code in 5.0.1:
So it should work.

,----[ com.opencms.file.CmsObject ]
| /**
|  * Returns a list of all currently logged in users.
|  * This method is only allowed for administrators.
|  */
| public Vector getLoggedInUsers() throws CmsException {
`----

Thomas