[opencms-dev] Setting up Lucene ... what did I miss?

Darin Kuntze dkuntze at thinksacco.com
Thu Sep 30 23:30:58 CEST 2004

What version of OpenCMS are you using?

-----Original Message-----
From: opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org
[mailto:opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org] On Behalf Of Steve Mato
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 4:23 PM
To: opencms-dev at opencms.org
Subject: [opencms-dev] Setting up Lucene ... what did I miss?

(Using Lucene v1.5 that I just downloaded from sourceforge.)

- I have the OpenCMS book.
- I followed the instructions of both it and the downloaded Lucene's
Readme.txt file.
- I imported the module to OpenCMS which worked w/o error
- I copied the Lucene <luceneSearch>....</luceneSearch> registry.xml
contents to OpenCMS's, within the <system>...</system> element; and set all
variables that needed setting.
- Restarted the Tomcat Server
- Set up a schedule to index

...and get this:

[30.09.2004 17:13:10] <opencms_cronscheduler> Error running job for
com.opencms.core.CmsCronEntry{13 17 * * * admin Administrators
net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.CronIndexManager createIndex=true}
Error: com.opencms.core.CmsException: 0 Unknown exception. Detailed error:
No Lucene search config found in registry.
	at
net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.SearchParameters.<init>(Unknown
Source)
	at net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.IndexManager.<init>(Unknown
Source)
	at
net.grcomputing.opencms.search.lucene.CronIndexManager.launch(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.opencms.core.CmsCronScheduleJob.run(CmsCronScheduleJob.java:68)

But it's there ...  The "<luceneSearch>" XML element is definitely there.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Wondering...  This <searchbylucene>off</searchbylucene> was in the OpenCMS
registry.xml file already.  I changed the value to both "on" and "true".  No
effect.  What should it be?

Thanx for your time,
Steve Mato