[opencms-dev] Include functionality question

Andy Kriger akriger at greaterthanone.com
Fri Oct 1 17:44:42 CEST 2004

I have a template that includes several files (a header, footer, left
sidebar, right sidebar). The template is applied to a content page that sits
in the middle. So, in the same directory as the content file, there would be
additional files for the other sections of the page. Is it possible with
OpenCms to have those included files automatically default to some page if
the named file cannot be found?

For example with a file structure like this...

default/
	footer.html
	header.html
	leftside.html
	rightside.html
content/
	mycontent.html
	rightside.html

I would like content/mycontent.html to use content/rightside.html but since
the other sections are missing from that directory, it will instead use
default/footer.html, etc. This is similar to Tiles in Struts.

Does OpenCms have something like this built-in or would I have to write my
own custom tags to handle it (or just use Tiles instead)?

thx
andy