[opencms-dev] OpenCms + MySQL

Frederico Luis Cabral frluca at compuland.com.br
Mon Oct 4 20:55:50 CEST 2004

Hi. Thanks.

I do not have this line in my.cnf .....

This is the error I get when I try to follow the steps
of stardard setup.

-> creating database... Failed
-> Could no connect to database via: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/
-> java.sql.SQLException: Communication link failure.

Bu I'm sure MySQL is running OK, I tested it. OpenCms doesn't
"communicate" with it.

I'm getting crazy. Please, helpe me.

Regards e Thanks,
Fred.

PS - The my.cnf file is listed bellow:

# Example mysql config file.
# Copy this file to c:\my.cnf to set global options
#
# One can use all long options that the program supports.
# Run the program with --help to get a list of available options

# This will be passed to all mysql clients
[client]
#password=my_password
port=3306
#socket=MySQL

# Here is entries for some specific programs
# The following values assume you have at least 32M ram

# The MySQL server
[mysqld]
port=3306
#socket=MySQL
language = c:/mysql/share/portuguese
#default-table-type=myisam
skip-locking
set-variable	= key_buffer=30M
set-variable	= max_allowed_packet=1M
set-variable	= table_cache=64
set-variable	= sort_buffer=512K
set-variable	= net_buffer_length=8K
set-variable	= myisam_sort_buffer_size=8M
server-id	= 1

# Uncomment the following if you want to log updates
#log-bin

# Uncomment the following rows if you move the MySQL distribution to another
# location
basedir = c:/mysql/
datadir = c:/mysql/data/

# Uncomment the following if you are NOT using BDB tables
skip-bdb

# Uncomment the following if you are using BDB tables
#set-variable	= bdb_cache_size=4M
#set-variable	= bdb_max_lock=10000

# Uncomment the following if you are using Innobase tables
innodb_data_home_dir = c:\ibdata
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:100M:autoextend
innodb_log_arch_dir = c:\iblogs
innodb_log_group_home_dir = c:\iblogs

set-variable = innodb_mirrored_log_groups=1
set-variable = innodb_log_files_in_group=3
set-variable = innodb_log_file_size=5M
set-variable = innodb_log_buffer_size=8M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1
innodb_log_archive=0
set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=30M
set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=2M
set-variable = innodb_file_io_threads=4
set-variable = innodb_lock_wait_timeout=50

[mysqldump]
quick
set-variable	= max_allowed_packet=16M

[mysql]
no-auto-rehash
# Remove the next comment character if you are not familiar with SQL
#safe-updates

[isamchk]
set-variable	= key_buffer=20M
set-variable	= sort_buffer=20M