[opencms-dev] How is it possible to disable workplace?

Farnaz Fotrousi f_fotrousi at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 07:49:08 CEST 2004

Dear Arash,

Thanks a lot for your solution. My problem is that I don't want to let any one to enter opencms workplace through internet. I just want to let them work with opencms in VPN, But have a site on internet.

Consider the situation that I implement an advanced authentication and put all on internet. If any one find username and password, can enter opencms workplace and make any undesirable changes on site.But This situation is terrible.

So I prefere to have two databases. One for VPN and one for Internet. In VPN database, have opencms workplace but in Internet database doesn't have or disable it.
Is it possible?
It is good to mention that I have lots of dynamic pages.

Best Regards,
Farnaz.

Arash Kaffamanesh <kaffamanesh at dmu-world.de> wrote:
> For more security, How it is possible to disable workplace? Do you have another solution?

you can either export your site statically and serve it with a webserver (e.g proxied apache or iis), or

connect via https, if you have to use the dynamic mode for several reasons (e.g using lucene), or

you can write your own custom login (e.g. with jaas, cas) and replace the basic authentification

> For solving this problem I think, I need to install another opencms with another DB and disable the workplace in the way that no body can enter workplace.

and how would you yourself enter the workplace? ;-)

in short: the fastest secure way is to ssl / tls enable your tomcat --> https.

Best Regards,
Arash

I have made a site through opencms.Now I would like to publish this site but I fear that If I put this site on the internet, some one can crack and enter opencms workplace. So he can make any undesirable changes on this site.

 For solving this problem I think, I need to install another opencms with another DB and disable the workplace in the way that no body can enter workplace.

For more security, How it is possible to disable workplace? Do you have another solution?

Reagards,
Farnaz