[opencms-dev] How is it possible to disable workplace?

Arash Kaffamanesh kaffamanesh at dmu-world.de
Mon Oct 4 23:42:00 CEST 2004

> For more security, How it is possible to disable workplace? Do you
have another solution?

you can either export your site statically and serve it with a webserver
(e.g proxied apache or iis), or

connect via https, if you have to use the dynamic mode for several
reasons (e.g using lucene), or

you can write your own custom login (e.g. with jaas, cas) and replace
the basic authentification

> For solving this problem I think, I need to install another opencms
with another DB and disable the workplace in the way that no body can
enter workplace.

and how would you yourself enter the workplace? ;-)

in short: the fastest secure way is to ssl / tls enable your tomcat -->
https.

Best Regards,
Arash

I have made a site through opencms.Now I would like to publish this site
but I fear that If I put this site on the internet, some one can crack
and enter opencms workplace. So he can make any undesirable changes on
this site.

 For solving this problem I think, I need to install another opencms
with another DB and disable the workplace in the way that no body can
enter workplace.

For more security, How it is possible to disable workplace? Do you have
another solution?

Reagards,
Farnaz

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
New
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/10/*http://promotions.yahoo.com
/new_mail/static/efficiency.html> and Improved Yahoo! Mail - Send 10MB
messages!