[opencms-dev] is there a property that makes a resource non-searchable by Lucene?

Steve Mato smato at icc.net
Tue Oct 5 16:36:37 CEST 2004

[sending again because it appears none of my messages are being distributed to the list ; are others seeing messages from me?  I have "receive your own postings" set to yes in the mailing-list admin page, but I'm no longer seeing them added to the list.]

I got Lucene working very nicely within my site.  Thank you to all the contributors.

Question, and sorry if this was covered elsewhere in this list but I didn't find it searching the archives and I didn't see it stated in the book.  What attribute can I apply to a resource (file or folder) to prohibit Lucene from indexing it and adding it to search results?

For example I have my "how-to" files within the site that instructs users in how to add content to the site and configure its behavior, but non-navigatable from anywhere within the site.  They do however turn up in search results.

I'd like to apply a property to the file to tell Lucene not to index it; something like a property such as lucenesearch and set its value to false.  Is there something like that?  Also, where would this happen to be documented so I could read up on any other OpenCMS+Lucene underactivity and configurability.

Thanx for your time,
Steve Mato