[opencms-dev] is there a property that makes a resource non-searchable by Lucene?

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Wed Oct 6 09:14:02 CEST 2004

I'm not sure what version you're talking about, if it is OpenCms 5.0.1
+ the Lucene module 1.5, I don't think there's such a feature. Ideally
you should be able to spec it in the registry, but it is hardly
feasible without the ability to create both white- and black-lists of
what to index and what not. And in your case reg.ex. patterns would be
nice as well. I haven't checked the latest development at
http://opencmslucene.sourceforge.net, so there may already be some
steps towards that.

As you mention a property on the individual resources could serve a
similar purpose, i.e. Index=true|false. But you can use this approach
with the existing version. Simply set an appropriate property and have
you result-listing JSP filter the hits based on this property. the hit
count should be adjusted as well. Not the ideal solution, but to the
end-user it would work as expected.