[opencms-dev] Failed Install with 6.0 Alpha 1

Corbey, Clayton CorbeyC at brandonrha.mb.ca
Tue Oct 5 17:43:19 CEST 2004

Hello all,

I am having problems installing Version 6 Alpha 1. It freezes when importing
the workplace on line 4754 (4754: ( 1153 ) Indexing file publish_resource
... o.k.)

Here is my systems config...

JDK version: 1.5.0
Servlet engine: Apache Tomcat/5.0.28
Operating system: Linux 2.6.8-1.521   (Fedora Core 2)
XML Parser: Xerces-J 2.6.2
Unpacked WAR file: yes
Default encoding: UTF-8

mysql-server-3.23.58-9

They all get the green checkmark (although I wonder about that UTF-8
encoding).

I've unchecked the second choice when it asks for module installation (I
don't want compatibility for older modules), I go to import the workplace,
it seems to work fine until it gets to line 4754, then it just sits there.

The little clock is still ticking, but it doesn't do anything. If I try and
go to the path where I have installed opencms, it say not found.

Has any one else encountered this problem?

-cc