[opencms-dev] Problem with ACL

tol opencms at recordcaster.de
Wed Oct 6 10:00:00 CEST 2004

Hi Alex, hi Thomas!

Many, many thanks for you replys :-)))

Alexander Kandzior wrote:
> I'm not 100% sure what you actually try to do.

oh, you hit the mark ;-)

> Here's how ACLs in OpenCms 6 work in general:
>
> Important: Forget about the group "inheritance" feature. Just make sure all
> groups you create are NOT in parent / child relationship with any other
> goup.

OK! What's about the Checkboxes Projectmanager, Projectuser and Role for
Task? Have they still any relevance? And what about projects? Will this
feature survive in 6.0?

> [...]
>
> Do it like this:
>
> Open the "Permissions" dialog on the context menu.
> 1. Add the "Users" group from the list of groups. Leave all boxes unchecked
> EXCEPT "overwrite inherited". This must be checked.
Aaah .. ok! Here is the trick ;)

Yes! This is like you wrote :)

> [...]

Hey! Cool! I belive it works! yeah! yeah! :))
Many, many thanks :))

Tol

--
independent internet radio berlin